What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, credit card information, basic company information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, browse and use the Services, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize user's experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect visitor information?
Your Content is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We have in place mechanisms to monitor our systems for malware and attempted data breaches.
Do we use “cookies”?
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Chrome) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
Does GovTribe share any of my information with third parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information (PII) or your Content. We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website. We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) to track aggregate user activity and internal site usage metrics in order to improve site usability.
Is my Content viewable by other GovTribe users?
Your Content, but not your billing information, is automatically shared with all other individuals on your GovTribe account, only. If you are on a Standard or Premium account as either the account owner or an account member, any Content you add to or create in the course of using our Services is viewable and accessible by the other users on that same account. This is the intended purpose of our Services – the collaboration between account members on Content.
The only action that you can take on GovTribe that would result in external GovTribe users seeing any information you create is to “Claim” your Vendor profile. Again, the intended purpose Vendor profile Claiming is to market your business to GovTribe users outside of your account.
California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- Users are able to change their personal information by logging in to their account
- We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
- It's also important to note that we do not allow third party behavioral tracking.
Children Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur we will notify the users via email within 1 business day.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. We will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.